Maintaining ties to the area’s horse racing history, the Inner Rail Food Hall opened its doors in October at Aksarben Village. The highly-anticipated restaurant concept joins Omaha’s culinary scene while offering more places to enjoy lunch or dinner at the retail/office/entertainment area near Baxter Arena.
With a mix of local eateries and new concepts, Inner Rail promises to challenge Omahans’ taste buds. Local restaurants Bahn Mi and Noli’s will expand from their original locations, while most of the eight other establishments will be new to Omaha.
With more than 25 years of experience in the culinary world, Chef Akhtar Nawab will own and operate three of the restaurants, while also managing the food hall’s operation. Nawab, a Kentucky native, has worked in some of the country’s best restaurants, including New York’s Gramercy Tavern and ACTQ, which will have an eatery at Inner Rail.
Inner Rail restaurants
Here’s a look at the restaurants that will call the Inner Rail home:
- Bahn Mi – The Bellevue-based eatery serves Vietnamese-style sandwiches. Owner Chloe Tran opened the fast-casual restaurant and offers fresh, light sandwiches.
- Sofra Creperie – This restaurant will focus on creating sweet and savory crepes, including chicken Caesar crepes, Mediterranean, as well as dessert crepes such as Nutella-filled delights.
- Maharani Indian Kitchen – Featuring modern Indian cuisine, Amit Singh’s second restaurant will challenge people’s taste buds. Omaha’s Kurry Xpress has taken a traditional buffet and turned it into a combo bowl.
- ACTQ – Chef Nawab’s third location of the Mexican restaurant takes on traditional South of the Border menu.
- Kathmandu Momo – Expanding its Blackstone location to the Inner Rail, Kathmandu Momo brings Nepalese street food and ramen to the Aksarben food hall.
- B Squared Burger – Offering a twist on your typical burger joint, B Squared Burger wants to you to actually taste the burger, so there will be limited toppings. Using fresh buns from local bakeries, the restaurant will also offer chicken sandwiches, sweet potato tots and hot dogs.
- Brigg’s Bean – The new coffee shop features blends from Trade Craft, which is used by other local coffee houses. Tea and nitro blends will also be on the menu. You can enjoy locally-sourced pastries. Oat and almond milk alternatives will also be offered for coffee flavorings.
- Ela’s Creamery – Named after Chef Nawab’s daughter, the shop will feature two soft-serve flavors, rotating weekly.
- Backstretch Bar – Offering classic and inventive cocktails, the bar will also offer a variety of beer.
- Noli’s Pizzeria – The Blackstone pizzeria opens its second location. Featuring delicious made-to-order pizzas and dynamite salads, Noli’s will be a great addition to the Inner Rail.
We’ve already had a few visits and enjoyed sampling some of the menus. We look forward to seeing you there.
For additional information, check out their Facebook page.