Taking a look back at our last few visits to Chicago, we’ve come up with a list of our Top 10 favorite attractions in the “Windy City.”
1. Architecture tour. Take an architecture tour along the Chicago River. You’ll see varying building designs from gothic to 1960s mod style. Buildings you’ll see include the Tribune Building and Trump.
2. The Cloud Gate (Bean) at Millennium Park. This fast became my favorite spot in Chicago. The stainless steel art piece resembles a bean, thus its nickname. The reflection of the skyline is beautiful here.
3. Food. Check out Giordano’s Pizza for a great chunk (slice) of Chicago-style pizza. Or, grab a Chicago Dawg.
4. The Willis Tower gives visitors a great view of the Chicago metro area, from top to bottom. Are you brave enough for this view?
5. The Navy Pier is always a great way to spend several hours. You can ride one of the largest Ferris wheels in the world or just enjoy taking in the sights. It is quite the view, day or night from the top.
6. The Shedd Aquarium gives visitors a nice dolphin show and a view of creatures from fresh and salt water bodies.
7. The Field Museum gives people a look at Sue the Tyrannosaurus and other great exhibits.
8. The Mag Mile is more than shopping. Take it in as a sightseeing adventure, including the old water tower and Hancock Building. Enjoy a meal at Ditka’s.
9. Museum of Science and Industry is home to a hodgepodge of attractions. It’s home to a German U-boat from World War II. It has a variety of transportation items, including trains and airplanes. You can even visit an underground mine.
10. Sports fans can take in a number of games at Wrigley Field (baseball’s Cubs), US Cellular Field (White Sox), United Center (basketball’s Bulls and hockey’s Blackhawks), as well a Soldier Field (NFL’s Bears).
Chicago has much to offer, so every Top 10 list can vary. This is ours. We hope it helps with any future Chicago trips. To check out what is going on when you visit Chicago, check out http://www.choosechicago.com/things-to-do/chicago-events/events-calendar/